Agenda For February 20, 2013
Meeting to be held at Cortland Town Hall/ 7pm.
Posted January 22, 2013
Agenda: Cortland Community Library Board
February 20, 2013
Call to Order:
Minutes: Minutes of October 17, 2012 to ratify and motion to approve the minutes of January 16, 2013. (no meeting in December 2012).
Treasurer’s Reports: Discuss and approve the January financial report and January expenditures of $_________. Approve amended November 2012 budget, with corrected payroll expenditure dates.
Librarian’s Report about January 2013.
- Hearing of Citizens
- LWT cooperative meeting reports
- Budget for 2014 FY to be reviewed and approved. Motion to approve the FY 2014 budget for $251,000, a decrease of $22,500 from the FY 2032 budget due to the anticipated short fall in tax income due to declining EAV. Motion to approve the FY2013 budget as presented (or as amended).
- Officially accept Laura Mesjak’s resignation, effective 1/17/2013.
- Discuss motion to hire director “elect” to allow ample training time and maintain continuity of library philosophy and policies. Possible action/ motion to hire “director elect”.
- Report on progress of fiber optic through NIU & DATA grant.
- Discuss strategies for replacing Laura Mesjak. Discuss staffing options and job requirements to be listed in the RAILS ad.
- March 8 staff training will result in the library being closed that day. Yearly staff training is mandated by RAILS & State Library.
- Discuss financial report format. Is there a need to show “carry over” cash so the balanced budget is obvious. Possible motion.
- Cortland Library has applied to the Dollar General Summer Reading Grant program. Notification will be on May 10, 2013.
- April elections & possible “Candidates Night”.
- Go over requirements for 2014 Per Capita Grant & discussion.
Mission Statement: Cortland Community Library is committed to supporting a lifelong enjoyment of reading and learning. At Cortland Community Library patron needs drive our services, which are delivered in a welcoming and respectful manner.