Agenda For May 15, 2013
Meeting to be held at Cortland Town Hall/ 7pm.
Posted April 22, 2013
Call to Order:
Oath of office and seating of newly elected Library Board Trustees.
Minutes: Minutes of March 20, 2013 / no minutes for April 17...meeting cancelled by lack of quorum.
Treasurer’s Reports: March & April financial reports to discuss and possibly approve.
Librarian’s Report about March & April to be discussed.
- Hearing of Citizens
- LWT meeting report (Librarians Working Together)
- Report on Fiber Optic Grant progress
- Summer Reading program plans to discuss
- Possible discussion of requirements for 2014 Per Capita Grant
- Transition progress to new director (2016) (IPLAR progress)
- Appointment of Board Member to fill unexpired term
- Review and discuss new PrairieCat contract, bylaws & policies with probable approval. (PrairieCat is the resource sharing consortium and library checkout database provider)
- Election of officers for Library Board / term beginning at this May 15th meeting
- Annual approval of the non-resident library fee (tax bill method)
- Annual approval of the reciprocal borrowing policy
- Plans for Trustee training and possible additional meeting for that purpose
- Discuss budget for FY 2014 and possible changes
- Grants received as notified by:
- Illinois Secretary of State, Jesse White
- Dollar General
- Request Board volunteers for help with Summer Reading kick-off and Bake-off (June 10) and Summerfest (August 10)
- Adding downloadable materials: Zinio (magazines) contract
- Cody's ideas & technology possibilities
- Fundraising ideas???
Mission Statement: Cortland Community Library is committed to supporting a lifelong enjoyment of reading and learning. At Cortland Community Library patron needs drive our services, which are delivered in a welcoming and respectful manner.