Cortland Community Library Board
Place: Cortland Community Library
March 17, 2010
Members present: Maxine Divine, Mary Benson, John Francisco, Chris Ferguson, Carol Scidmore and Martha Carter. Absent: Harlan Hawkins. Also present: Barb Coward
Meeting called to order by Maxine Divine at 7:05 p.m.
February 17, 2010 minutes read. Mary Benson made a motion to approve February minutes. John Francisco seconded the motion. Voice vote and all in favor. Minutes stand as approved.
February 2010 treasurer's report reviewed. Martha Carter made a motion to approve the expenditures of $17,930.57 for February. Carol Scidmore seconded the motion. Roll call vote: Martha Carter-aye, Mary Benson-aye, Carol Scidmore-aye, Chris Ferguson-aye, John Francisco-aye, and Maxine Divine-aye. Motion carried.
The librarians report for February was presented. Discussion was held.
- Dr. Fred Schlipf-Nothing.
- Building tour & discussion - February 24, 2010, Chris Ferguson, John Francisco, Carol Scidmore, Barb Coward and Harlan Hawkins toured the old Cortland Elementary School with Walter Magdziarz and a school maintenance person. The school will replace the carpeting, remove walls and install air conditioning.
- Discussion held on pros and cons. Additional 3M gates, check out desk, and shelving will be needed. Moving cost could be very high.
Hearing of Citizens-None.
Policies/Per Capita Requirements-None.
Friends of Cortland Library- Barb Coward is hoping members will work at July 24, 2010 picnic.
Book Club- The club will be meeting at the library for a few months.
Sign-Dealing with minor problems.
Fiber Optic Grant & DATA Membership - Gentlemen who wrote the grant is hoping we will have it up by the end of the year.
Intergovernmental Agreement with the Town of Cortland (sign) - Nothing heard.
FOI Act information, etc. - Still receiving information.
Summer Reading 2010 - Topic is "Scare Up a Good Book". Posters arrived.
Website & Facebook Fan Page-Heather manages Facebook page.
- 195 attended Dr. Seuss party.
- Twilight program on March 20, 2010. Newest Twilight movie will be shown.
- Need to sign up.
Collection Development-Barb Coward will probably take Laura Mesjak's suggestion on books to purchase.
Kiddie Lit/Laura - Laura Mesjak attended.
Chris Ferguson made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Mary Benson seconded the motion. The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.