Note To Ryan…Library address is 63 S. Somonauk, not 61
Mary Benson’s minutes from January 15, 2014
President Pro Tem Victoria Haier called meeting to order at 7:04 pm. Present: Victoria Haier, Mary Benson, John Francisco and Marie Kornischuk. Also present Barb Coward
Absent: Martha Carter, Harlan Hawkins, Ryan Hilligoss
Victoria Haier moved to approve the minutes of December 18, 2013. Marie Kornischuk seconded this motion. All approved.
The financial reports were not available. They will be available at the next meeting.
Mary Benson moved to accept the Librarian’s Report about December 2013. Victoria Haier seconded.
Unfinished business/discussion & possible action.
1. Hearing of Citizens none present
2. LWT meeting was cancelled
3. Fundraising ideas for the library were discussed. Use old cookbooks and ask for donations on the webpage. John will check on the quilt raffle
4. Project to cleanup back & south side of building was discussed
5. Proposed storage shed on south side of building discusses
6. Discuss & possibly approve better name for special fund (tort immunity) discussed
7. Set dates for fundraising committee..tabled until more Board members in attendance
8. 30th Anniversary ideas tabled
1. Possible policies…reviewed the Town Investment policy for possible approval next month
2. Gather legal information from Phil Lenzini & discuss Mrs. Cowards future retirement …discussed with more information forthcoming
3. Approve tentative budget for 2014-2015. Marie Kornischuk moved and Victoria Haier seconded a motion to approve the 2014-2015 Tentative Budget as present. Roll Call vote.
4. Mary Benson yes
John Francisco yes
Victoria Haier yes
Marie Kornischuk yes. Tentative Budget approved
The audit report arrived on January 15, 2014. It was discussed and there were questions Mrs. Coward will request an auditor attend the February meeting to answer Board questions.
Marie Kornischuk moved to adjourn this meeting, John Francisco seconded. All approved
Meeting adjourned at 8:05
Secretary Pro Tem